Friday, January 3, 2014

Some Quotes and Love Notes

I would like to start off my first official blog post with none of my own original thoughts. So I'm going to use the thoughts of people in my life who have spent time praying and encouraging me through notes and cards and hand written letters. Thank you all for bringing so much light into my life through your gentle and kind hearted words:
"After seeing everything you can do for me here, I just know you will be a huge success in Africa"
"I leave you with this: Wake up everyday believing that you will change lives"
"I only give my coloring pages to special people"
"It turns out that Hallmark doesn't make 'Good Luck in Africa' cards..."
"Not sure how to write this card. I've never written a card for a friend leaving for Africa before"
"Princess,"
"Have fun, go crazy, be the WOMYN that you truly are"
"P.S. Africa is really hard to draw"
"Don't forget sunscreen for your delicate, pasty skin, don't forget about us little people back here"
"P.S. You better be bringing me home a little African baby"
"You are one of a kind, even though you remind me of someone I know..I can't quite pinpoint who"
"I miss you and all of your singing"
These are just some of the words that were written to me in letters and cards, but all though the quotes I have chosen to share seem funny and simple, let me assure you that every person who took the time to pray, think, write, donate, sponsor or help me in any way, has impacted me. I have been blessed immeasurably by the people allowing God to show himself to me through their kindness. "To love another person is to see the face of God" is the only thing that comes to mind when I reflect on the blessed people God has allowed me to encounter. Thank you all for taking on this journey with me. It is just beginning.

(Also its 2:20 am so if there are missing words or anything wacky, go easy on me, I'm not attending college this year, after all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment